[time-nuts] from Sputnik to CD

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Tue Oct 9 17:33:18 UTC 2007

It would have been nice if our group (with our impressive, collective
talent, logical, scientific and mathematic abilities) could have
brainstormed this topic with a positive outcome. Might we have hit on an
idea or principle that would further our (and the worlds?) understanding of
this topic?

The question about the relationship between SPDIF (and AES/EBU) clock jitter
and audio DAC fidelity is of interest to those of us (who can hear these
differences).  For example, might there be a second order effect (with a
high sensitivity coefficient) regarding the effect of timing jitter on the
overall process of ADC / DAC audio processing (as some, here, have
suggested)? ...Or other mathematical relationships yet to be defined or
understood?

But, unfortunately, when it comes to this topic, there are always a few
discussion killers. Who wants to risk their peer status by offering their
findings, or theories (after some have posted put-down links, generally
implying that those who can hear these differences are fools)?

--Greg