[time-nuts] Improving the stability of crystal oscillators

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Oct 14 00:19:53 UTC 2007

Hi Bruce:

I've also looked into drilling a hole (garden hose, 90 deg fitting & pipe with
end smashed flat to make a nozzle will easily drill as deep as the pipe is
long).  Then using a short length of capped copper pipe at the bottom and the
rest PVC.

Like I think here in California wine country 4 feet would be plenty deep.  But
this method only works at your home location.  Not too good for a clock that
will be sent to someone else.

I think the long time constant method can be done in a few cubic inches.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com
http://www.precisionclock.com