[time-nuts] Improving the stability of crystal oscillators

Don Collie donmer at woosh.co.nz
Sun Oct 14 00:45:17 UTC 2007

Thanks for that John. I`ve always wanted to play arround with one of these
[Peltier] modules. They can now be bought quite cheaply. I envisage a double
oven, with the inner oven heated [to 25 degrees], by conventional means,
while the Peltier pile cools the inner oven. This way you could use
a precision temparature regulator for the inner oven, while the outer "oven"
would only have to cool. You wouldn`t be talking too many pumped watts,
here.