[time-nuts] Improving the stability of crystal oscillators

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Oct 14 02:04:37 UTC 2007

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi Bruce:
>
> Details on your experiment please.
> Hole/pipe diameter, material?
> Depth?
> Delta T at different depths vs surface ambient?
> Soil type?
>

> Have Fun,
>
> Brooke Clarke

Booke

I will try to find the data, but it was 41 years ago and may take some time.
Location was Palmerston North NZ.
Not sure of soil type, however flat region not too far (within 1km or
so) from a river.

If I remember correctly an access shaft was dug and thermometers were
inserted into the soil at the sides of the hole.
The leads were bought to the surface and the shaft/hole carefully
backfilled and left to settle for some weeks.

All measurements were logged manually.

Bruce