[time-nuts] QCM

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Thu Oct 25 09:45:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:04:06 +0200, Jeroen Bastemeijer <J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl>
wrote:

>Dear Ulrich,
>
>You question is not as much off-topic as you might think. It is all
>about frequency stability and resonators ;-)  In the past I used to work
>with SAW-devices and micro-balances. We developed our own sensors and
>electronics. Search for names like Jakoby, Vellekoop, Lubking and my
>name and you will find the info.

A somewhat related question.  Can a quartz crystal be used as a pressure (actually
medium to high vacuum) sensor?  Specifically, over the range of perhaps 1 Torr to
1e-6 Torr.  IOW, over about the same range as a thermocouple gauge.

At first blush it would seem a natural application.  Not knowing what the second
blush is.... :-)

John
--
John De Armond