[time-nuts] EFC Input pin impedance for the HP 10544A and10811-6011

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Mon Oct 29 02:17:13 UTC 2007

While it is difficult to read the resistor values on that schematic (and as
Bruce points out not really relevant as the diodes are reverse biased), it
appears that since the varicap is referenced to ground, the 10544A's EFC is
always positive. The 10811A goes from -5 to + 5 as the cathode end of the
diode is referenced to +6.4 volts. All this time I had thought they were
fairly interchangeable. - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731