[time-nuts] Redifon Drive Unit - not quite on topic!

Murray Greenman murray at rakon.co.nz
Tue Oct 30 20:13:32 UTC 2007

I'm clutching a few straws here, but as T&F enthusiasts you might see a
connection to what I'm after. I am looking for any information (manual
or whatever) for a 1980s vintage Redifon exciter, the DU505M Synthesized
Driver Unit. I can send a photo if it might help.

Some hint as to where to look for this information would be most
helpful. Do you know any Redifon collectors or archives?

I am keen to use this nice unit as a source for precision propagation
experiments, and as a 30m beacon. It is single reference synthesized and
runs all sorts of modes (including ISB!) I plan to use it in conjunction
with a GPS disciplined reference. Output is about 50mW, or just under
1mW/kg!

73,
Murray ZL1BPU
www.qsl.net/zl1bpu