[time-nuts] Pre-Release Docs and Schematics for the Fury Interface Board

xaos at darksmile.net xaos at darksmile.net
Wed Oct 31 15:47:09 UTC 2007

Said,

In this particular case, I would solder a "single header pin", to each
hole in the OCXO footprint, and then use a "single wire header
connector" to attach to it.

Then, have all 4 wires connect to the interface board via a 4 pin, connector.

This way, the Fury gets soldered only once and can be disconnected anytime.

I will add that to the schematic.

Bruce Griffiths, has been providing me with some excellent feedback on
the EFC interface design. I am making a few changes based on his
recommendations.

The more I think about it, the more I am worried about ground
isolation between the HP OCXO and the rest of the system.

I have a few ways to approach this. One is to simply provide 3
different voltages to the system, each isolated from each other. In
other words, don't use
voltage regulators to get from +/-24V down to 12.

The proper solution would be for a separate board which provides 3
different DC outputs, all isolated from each other, including ground.

1. +24V for the oven. HP OCXO's only.
2. +12V For the oven. This could be supplied by the Fury which also
compensates for temp.
3. +/-12V for the EFC interface.

The interface board must not add noise to the Fury. Looks like there's
more work to be done.

-G

Quoting SAIDJACK at aol.com: