[time-nuts] DeAnza Swap Meet, Aug. 8th

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Tue Sep 4 01:24:37 UTC 2007

Fellow techies,

	This is a heads-up that I will be selling at the DeAnza (ASVARO) electronics swap meet in Cupertino, CA (just a bit southwest of San Jose) this coming Saturday, August 8th.

	(possibly) Of interest to both the test gear and telephone collectors will be a pair of telephone CO/Network simulators, made by TAS (now Spirent). These can be quite useful for testing phones, answering machines, etc., as well as simulating most types of line degradations and impairments. They are, essentially, a mini-central office in a desktop enclosure. I expect to have some other telco-related test gear as well.

	For the ham radio ops, I'll have a nice Motorola VHF Spectra radio with a handheld control head, a low-band Cushcraft base antenna, a couple of VHF duplexers, and various other goodies.

	I won't be hard to spot. Just look for the Techmobile. For those who haven't found my web page describing the beastie, look for a gold Dodge Grand Caravan with a big crop of atennas and a lightbar up top, Washington state plate KC7GR.

	I'll hope to see at least a couple of you there. Thanks for putting up with my brief bit of shameless self-promotion. ;-)

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"