[time-nuts] Fwd: FAASafety.gov - General Information "Terminationof 121.5 MHz Beacons fo...

Maggie Leber k3xs at arrl.net
Sat Sep 8 00:16:18 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Didier Juges <didier at cox.net> wrote:

> Well, it does not seem there is going to be a lot of lost love on that one,
> considering the rate of false alarms...

Truthfully, although as a private pilot upgrading to a more modern ELT
beacon will eventually cost me money personally, the advantages of the
new systems are overwhelming.

The VHF ELT system was fine for its time, but its time is long past.
It doesn't have the same excuse for continuing that LORAN does.

--
Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP  SCWCD
<maggie at voicenet.com>  http://voicenet.com/~maggie

  "The art of progress is to preserve order amid change
   and to preserve change amid order."-A.N.Whitehead