[time-nuts] Fw: UNIQUE CLOCK

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Sep 9 15:26:37 UTC 2007

rk at timing-consultants.com writes:

How  do you normally set your PC time?

Both my XP machines are running NTP,  so no need to do any manual tweaks.

--------------
Hi Rob

Thanks for the information, I've been meaning to take a look at  NTP and will
check the links later.

I'm just running one PC regularly at the moment and that's  normally
referenced to MSF using a serial port radio clock.
However, the PC is free  running whilst I'm using the clock serial port for a
 GPS test rig and what I've been doing is just resetting it to the displayed
GPS time when it drifts by more than a few seconds.
Not very precise, but good enough for the time being:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR