[time-nuts] [OT] Why did HP use a non standard connector on the 8411 Converter

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Tue Sep 11 18:21:06 UTC 2007

At 02:06 PM 9/11/2007, you wrote:
>Does anyone on this list know why HP used a non standard connector
>to join the
>8411 harmonic frequency converter to the 8410 network analyzer?

Have a look at what it does, then you will understand why the same
type was used on things like the convertor heads for the 5355 plug-in
for the 5345 as well. Apart from supply and control lines there are
also several coax cables for sampler drive and IF signals.

Of course it is also designed to maintain alignment of the contacts.
I used 8410/8411 systems from when they were first introduced back in
the early 70's, I have NEVER seen a damaged connector.

John