[time-nuts] time-nuts, frequency counters

Scott Mace smace at intt.net
Wed Sep 26 22:24:42 UTC 2007

I picked up one of the Lucent RFG-RB units on ebay and sure enough it was
off, but not by much.  It was manufactured mid 2001.  I adjusted the
C-field pot while comparing it to my best z3801a.  I'm waiting on a
new GPIB interface to see just how well I did.  The LPRO-101 in the
RFG-RB makes about 15W of heat.  I gently clamped it to the back heatsink
of the RFG unit and left it on for an hour or two before adjusting with
my counter in TI mode. I thought about drilling a small hole in the top
of the RFG chassis so I could access the C-field pot, but decided I just
liked taking the thing apart...

	Scott