[time-nuts] GPS noise reduction

Richard H McCorkle mccorkle at ptialaska.net
Sat Apr 5 21:20:56 UTC 2008

Hello,
I looked at the dual standard data from yesterdays run, and
once again the predominance of the short-term variations in
phase occur simultaneously in both systems. As pointed out
earlier a 3-corner hat is the wrong methodology as what I
am doing is closer to a common view comparison. If I relax
my goal to just attempting to reduce the GPS variations that
are common to both data sets is there any way this can be
accomplished without adverse effects on the long-term
stability?
When I flip between the charted data between the standards
there are small variations unique to each standard but the
GPS variations common to both data sets are 10 to 100 times
larger than the unique variations. It would seem logical
that some approach could be used with multiple oscillators
disciplined to a common receiver to reduce the common data
variations so the unique data would become more predominant.
Would going to a triple oscillator design allow prediction
of the common variations?

Any thoughts?

Richard