[time-nuts] GOES time service

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Apr 10 09:57:17 UTC 2008

> What's really sad is that the GPS antennas are the size of a hockey
> puck and completely invisible from the ground - or for that matter any
> of the surrounding buildings as the antenna is actually lower than the
> parapets around the roof.  Yet we need zoning and community and FAA
> approvals!

Are there any legitimate concerns?  Or even semi-legitimate?

Did you have any serious troubles with zoning or FAA?  (as compared to the
normal hassles of dealing with bureaucrats)

I think your previous message said you had to run the cable 11 stories so I
assume you work in a tall building.  Is it tall enough and/or near enough to
an airport so the FAA is interested in anything that high?

Are the zoning people worried about fire?