[time-nuts] Z3801

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 17:35:05 UTC 2008

connie.marshall at suddenlink.net writes:

Looks  like my HP-Z3801 got zapped in the lighting storm last night. The
Voltage  Converter Assembly appears to be bad. Not yet sure if it got the
mother  board also. Are there schematics out there, and can you get
replacement  parts for the DC to DC converter package. I have searched the
K8CU pages  and of course have the user manual.  Would it be possible to
supply  the 5/15/-15 volts from and external supply or would that have an
adverse  effect on the performance of the oven and  oscillator.

------------------------
Hi Connie

I'm sorry to hear your bad news, let's hope it didn't get the motherboard
too:-(

I've been looking for a spare PSU module for quite a while now  without
success.
I did think of just building a separate PSU but was a bit wary as  the outer
oven controller is on the power module and I wasn't sure what  that involved.
However, I recently came across this web page, which you  might find useful...

_http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/shegnauer/Z3801A/Power%20Supply/z3801a_p
ower_supply.htm_
(http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/shegnauer/Z3801A/Power%20Supply/z3801a_power_supply.htm)

regards