[time-nuts] 5 MHZ PIC PPS Divider?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 15:09:47 UTC 2008

Tom,

While the outputs change state synchronously with the clock, there may be
many gates and latches inside the chip between the clock pin and the output,
and the delay through those will be affected by temperature, supply voltage
glitches and ground bounce, things that are not necessarily very well
controlled inside the chip, so the jitter has to be more than a single
external D-latch of J-K flip-flop with a decoupling cap across it will
provide.

Didier