[time-nuts] 5 MHZ PIC PPS Divider?

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 21:19:28 UTC 2008

Thanks Pete not sure my wife will let another big box in the door. I was thinking of some thing like this :

http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/product.do?id=MC100E137FN

a ECL 8-Bit Ripple Counter. And a 1Ghz oscillator make the measurement of  differences. This should get me to the 1ns level ?

But looking at the sampling heads may be close to what I want, I will look for some manuals on the web. I would want to transfer the data to a PC, would I need a GPIB Interface and some software ? I'm trying to eliminate the extra stuff like the scope tube and it's power supply and end up with a small box to interface to the computer.