[time-nuts] Disciplining Rubidium

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Thu Apr 24 00:30:03 UTC 2008

Antonio,

Weight and power consumption are the first methods that come to mind :-)

You are hitting the time-nuts nail right on the head. You cannot rank just
two clocks, you need at least three, so that you can compare them 2 by 2 and
determine statistically the performance of each by comparaison to the
others. You cannot do it with just two.

When you have three, and one is clearly not as good as the other two, it
will be harder to determine which one of the two better ones is the best, so
you will be looking for a new one to replace the worst of the three.

I am sure you can now see where that is going...

Didier KO4BB

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.
6:36 PM