[time-nuts] Low cost logic analyzer

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 17:27:26 UTC 2008

Hi Ulrich,

a famous (but not necessarily well-loved) I2C analyzer is made by  Aardvark.

You can also merry both worlds, Philips (Fluke) used to make a Logic
Analyzer with I2C analyzer option.

PM3580, see for example:

_http://www.eecg.utoronto.ca/~aulich/logic3580.html_
(http://www.eecg.utoronto.ca/~aulich/logic3580.html)

you will need to get the I2C pod for this (can be rented from some  places).

Considering that Philips developed I2C, this unit obviously works very  well.
May not have a lot of storage memory though (when in timing mode), but in
state mode it can capture a hole lot of transactions with all the details.

These show up on Ebay from time to time, it has been very useful for  me.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 4/25/2008 09:47:21 Pacific Daylight Time,
dforbes at dakotacom.net writes:

>I  still have the device not here and still do not know the reason of  my
>problems but the technicians at Intronix said to me "That is  exactly
>what we have built it for" when I asked them very specific if  their
>device could be helpful in this situation. It it were true this  thing
>were worth its price in gold.
>
>Best  regards
>
>Ulrich  Bangert

Ulrich,