[time-nuts] Rubidium oscillator

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 21:18:37 UTC 2008

If the unit cannot lock up to GPS, it may be sending bad electronic
control voltage to the rubidium.  I would look at the "lock" signal from
the rubidium to see if its on or off.

If its off, I would disconnect the EFC voltage from the GPS unit to the
FRK, and see if the rubidium locks (should happen under 5 mins from a
cold start).

A bad lamp can cause a lot of different problems.  You also need to look
at the xtal signal voltage test point on the FRK.

Brian