[time-nuts] any experts at repairing WaveTek 288's?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Apr 30 10:51:36 UTC 2008

When repairing test equipment, computers, stereo's, the first
and always most likely component to need replacing is any electrolytic
capacitor.

Wavetek used a cheap capacitor made in Mexico in many of their
instruments.  They all dry out over time, and become open circuits.

If you see the word Mexico on any capacitor (or any other part for that
matter), replace it.

-Chuck Harris