[time-nuts] TrueTime XL-DC Problems

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Aug 6 01:55:56 UTC 2008

> When I first fired it up it showed a date of 1990 so I updated
> the Date to the current one and then went through a 24 hour

I would rather be able give you a solid answer; perhaps someone
in the group will step forward with their own XL-DC story.

It is possible when an unmodified surplus GPSDO powers up with
a default date as old as 1990 and sort-of, partially works, that the
cause of the problem is that the firmware is missing the upgrade
for either WNRO (21-Aug-1999) or Y2K (31-Dec-1999).

Anyone on the list have a working XL-DC?

/tvb