[time-nuts] NavSync CW12 and CW25

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed Aug 6 17:36:07 UTC 2008

Has anyone worked with the NavSync CW12 GPS board or the CW25 module
that its based on?  It's been mentioned a few times on this mailing
list, but not really evaluated or discussed to death. :-)

I'm looking for a new GPS board and this one looks quite interesting.
It's main feature is a programmable 10 Hz to 10 MHz oscillator that's
phase-locked to the 1 PPS output.  They're both available at the same
time (on different pins).

The user manual isn't online, but I asked them via email and got a copy
with no problem.  The datasheets and product briefs are available at:

Datasheets
http://www.navsync.com/docs/CW12-TIM_DS_V1.pdf
http://www.navsync.com/docs/CW25-TIM_DS_Rev_1.pdf

Product Briefs
http://www.navsync.com/docs/CW12_TIM.pdf
http://www.navsync.com/docs/CW25_TIM.pdf

I see that they're not suggesting that this little module is a
full-blown GPSDO.  This app note talks about it.

http://www.navsync.com/docs/AN03_GPS_Timing.pdf

The prices are CW12 - $89, CW25 - $64

I have no relationship to Navsync or any reseller.  I'm just a potential
customer.

Thanks,
Ed