[time-nuts] TBolt and Z3801A performance data

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Aug 9 21:41:45 UTC 2008

These tests were made with the GPS antenna connected?  At t >> 100 seconds,
they should all look about the same, because that's where GPS disciplining
comes in, no?  They should not be uncorrelated in the long run.

To the extent one Z3801 looks worse than the other at large values of tau,
I'd expect there to be a good reason, like better GPS reception on one of
them, or a much-worse OCXO.

Measuring phase noise by comparing the two against each other should be
fine, though, since their short-term drift isn't being corrected at that
timescale.  Your noise floor is a couple dB worse than the one I tested, but
they're otherwise about the same.

- john, KE5FX