[time-nuts] Trimble Palisade (Was - GPS shielding by power lines?)

David Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 13:37:32 UTC 2008

Alan Melia wrote:
> Hi Didier, thanks for that idea, yes they were all "pucks" all Garmin two
> intended for marine use and one was a old Garmin GPSIIplus with a  mag
> "puck". I have a Trimble Palisade that I have not got round to working on
> yet, but I understand that there are problems putting this version into NMEA
> mode...so will have to be careful.

The advice I was given when I got mine was *not* to try to put the unit
into NMEA mode, as it changes the communication settings and you cannot
change them back, nor can you communicate with the unit after you have
done it!  See http://www.dc2light.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Webpage/

The advice seems to be to build an additional circuit to take the output
from the Palisade and convert that to NMEA.

Dave (G0DJA)