[time-nuts] I want a good micro-controller

wje wje at quackers.net
Wed Aug 13 11:00:16 UTC 2008

   My favorite for many uses is the Freescale MC68HC908QT4, or others in
   that series. Freescale provides a complete C development environment
   for free. The QT4 is an 8-pin package, with up to 6 I/O pins. I've used
   it for everything from a 555 timer replacement to the controller for an
   RPM meter, to the controller for a GPS/Rb/xtal freqency standard. Of
   course, for many purposes it doesn't particularly matter whose chip you
   use, as long as the tools are adequate. There are any number of
   choices, including the PIC line, which everyone but me seems to love.
Bill Ezell
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.

   John Miles wrote:

It's sort of a religious matter, but if you are looking for an easy-to-use
part with great, free C/C++ support, you'd most likely be happy with the
AtMEGA series.

-- john, KE5FX