[time-nuts] LPRO-101 internals

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:32:52 UTC 2008

The rubidium  lamp is glowing a nice violet color...  does not seem to be any red.  I need to compare it to one of the other units.

If I start tweaking turny things,  I would record the position of the device,  turn it say 1/2 a turn and see if it made things better or worse.  If better, we are done.  If no change,  return it to its original setting.  If worse then turn it 1/2 turn the other direction.

Those 21 internal jumpers seem to indicate that the unit is infinitely (OK, 2 millionly) configurable.  It would be nice to know what those jumpers do.  There has to be something useful there...

One thing that I did not see was some kind of crystal...  I assume it is either on the back of the board or in the lamp assembly (which gets rather hot for an OCXO oven).