[time-nuts] LPRO-101 internals

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:43:21 UTC 2008

Some more info on the flakey LPRO:  I put the cover back on the LPRO that seemed to have magically started working.  After a while it went UNLOCK.  Took the cover off,  LOCK.  Seems like mayby a temperature problem after all (or perhaps the cover is affecting the tuning of some component).  When looking at the lamp light through the side port of the physics package the color appears a lightish violet.  When looking at the lamp base cover (there is a white plastic insert there) the color is more a pinkish red.

I measured the LAMP and OXCO control voltages.  OCXO is around 7.3V.  LAMP is around 5.6V  When warming up (even for some time after LOCK is first indicated)  the LAMP voltage is unstable...  it varies from around 4.3 to 5.7V (usually varying around 0.1V between successive meter readings)