[time-nuts] Restoring GR 1120-AB Frequency Standard - Need assist...

wa3frp at aol.com wa3frp at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 15:46:56 UTC 2008

I am in the last stage of restoring a 1964 General Radio Frequency
Standard Model 1120-AB.

I'm having trouble getting the inner oven to work propoerly and the
problem has been traced to a defective thermostat in the inner oven.
In checking, the thermostat is a thermoswitch manufactured by Princo
and is no longer available.

My options appear to be:

1. locate a working GR Standard Frequency Oscillator (1113-A) and
replace the entire chassis.

2. locate a non-working GR Frequency Oscillator and part it out as
needed

3. find a suitable replacement for the original thermoswitch (78 C -
closes circuit when temperature is reached)

I was wondering if anyone on this list has any sources or leads for #1
and #2 and any opinions on a source for #3.

Thanks
Russ WA3FRP