[time-nuts] Restoring GR 1120-AB Frequency Standard - Need

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Tue Aug 19 17:58:30 UTC 2008

   Mark,

   I think you missed the point !  He was not necessarily trying to use it
   as a frequency standard.  He said he was trying to RESTORE it,
   including making it work !

   Bill....WB6BNQ

   Mark Sims wrote:

     The original thermoswitch sounds like is is a mechanical switch,  so
     it can't be all that accurate or stable.

     I would use something like one of those TO-92 temperature sensor
     chips.  I would probably use a 8 pin micro with an A/D to read it
     and drive a reed relay (or transistor).  Analog people would use a
     comparator and voltage reference chip/pot.

     See what people are saying about Windows Live.  Check out featured
     posts.
     [1]http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082
     008
     To unsubscribe, go to