[time-nuts] I've settled on a micro-controller

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:57:55 UTC 2008

Folks,

Thanks for all your advice, not to mention personal emails as well.

After reading the advice here and info on the net elsewhere I've settled on
AVR. As I stated, being a very experienced software developer, C was
important to me and also as I get to grips with the micro controller
experience, some ability to produce larger and larger projects which the AVR
range certainly provides.

The were some other great ideas suggested but weighing everything up I think
this is the right path for me.

As a development board I nearly went with the mega-donkey (looks good Mark),
but I thought I'd start with something smaller first. I chose this:

http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2374&osCsid=e0d493c4233a8005180aad018d1d5bd6

which for $99 seems excellent value. Whilst I don't need the C training
provided, I liked the look of the course for teaching all aspects of the AVR
micro controllers.

I'll be sure to provide feedback down the track on my decision. :-)

Thanks again all,

Regards,

Jim