[time-nuts] Efratom LPRO Rubidium

Tom Bales tob at starhouse.org
Thu Aug 21 02:47:47 UTC 2008

Charles,

I see from a posting of yours on time-nuts that you have the Lucent
RFTGm-Rb and RFTGm-XO pair and the monitor program to go along with
it.  I just recently got one of these setups, and it seems to be
working (Rb says "online," XO says "standby,"  Do you have the Lucent
monitoring software that looks at the RS-422 output?  I can see
there's data there, and it decodes to gobbledygook rather than ASCII
characters, so I suppose there's a magic decoder ring that's
needed.  Sure would be nice to know what's going on inside.

Thanks,

Tom Bales