[time-nuts] Restoring GR 1120-AB Frequency Standard

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 22 21:25:31 UTC 2008

phil wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> Original poster is trying to "RESTORE" this entire old General Radio
> Standard ( a rack of equipment) to it's "original" glory.
> He simply needs a part, a unique thermoswitch or a way to fix it, not
> retrofit an atomic engine! This is a museum class instrument, 100kc.
>
> May I suggest start a new thread on the better/best merits/design of
> temperature control.
> Makes it rather difficult to follow a thread as the subject has changed.

My proposal to use capacitive sensing rather than conductive sensing
would handle the electrode oxide issue. It is meant as a means to go
around the sensing issue with parts at hand and only some new electronic
design of very simple form, not the means to supercalibrate something.

I guess this only shows that time-nuts are time-nuts...

Cheers,
Magnus