[time-nuts] Capacitive temperature sensing

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Aug 22 23:30:53 UTC 2008

Mike Monett wrote:
>   Bruce, very interesting. I didn't know capacitive sensors  went down
>   that low. That could be useful in other areas.
>
>   I searched google but found nothing. Do you have any urls?
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Mike Monett

Mike

The RV Jones papers were published in either the Review of Scientific
instruments or the Journal of Sceintific Instruments - I forget which.
I'll look for my paper copies when I get back from shopping later today.
Sydenham also wrote at least one paper on various capacitive
displacement sensors.
Physik Instrumente use capacitive displacement sensors with nanometer
sensitivity in their piezostages and piezoactuators.

Bruce