[time-nuts] file synchronization via ftp

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Aug 23 02:08:19 UTC 2008

> I would just match filenames and filesize, time stamps don't mean anything.

That won't catch a lot of edits that fix simple things like typos.

Or the edit I just made that changed a parameter from 4 to 8.

Are you trying to use the web site as serious backup storage, or just keep a (small) set of files out there where others can get them?

If I was trying to keep a mirror on a web site up to date, I'd write a script to copy everything out there and run it whenever I added or updated something.

That's assuming that you don't delete things.  For deletes, I'd probably do them by hand until I had done enough of them to get annoyed and/or figure out what I wanted to do.