[time-nuts] file synchronization via ftp

Robert Vassar rvassar at rob-vassar.com
Sat Aug 23 03:38:05 UTC 2008

You can get rsync to run on Windows under Cygwin.  This may help:
http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/rsync_pc1.html

The heavy weight option might be to go to www.virtualbox.org,
download the free version, and run a virtualized Linux instance in a
container on your windows machine and rsync from there. (Disclaimer:
I work for their parent company.)

Another solution would be to run the Linux equivalent of "ufsdump",
and download the delta.  Something like "ssh root at foo 'ufsdump [0-9] -
f - <device>' >local.dumpfile" or something similar.  Try "man -k dump".

Rob
KC6OOM/5