[time-nuts] TBolt question

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Aug 24 15:24:55 UTC 2008

> Just received my TBolt from the TAPR buy and have a quick(?) question:
> tvb indicated that the unit builds were from ~2005, and indeed,
> the photo of the TAPR package on Leapsecond.com shows a TBolt
> from 2005 revision 'E'. The unit I received is build 2002 revision 'B'.
> Anyone know of differences in the revisions, and whether the
> OCXO (which Tom found surprisingly excellent) are the same?
> Thanks,
> Jerry

The group buy contained a random mix of rev A through E
and manufacturing dates. I don't know what the differences
are among the revisions. But I tested each unit so I at least
know all the OCXO are equally good.

I'm keeping one specimen here of each of the 5 revisions in
case something interesting comes up in the future.

/tvb