[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB-NET, HP 5370A, HP5334A problem?

Gerry Glauser kanab2004 at kanab.net
Thu Aug 28 00:50:38 UTC 2008

Bill,
I recall there was some question on the Prologix "unlisten", but I suspect
you're seeing a 5334A issue. While testing my driver at max 5334A
throughput, I found found you cannot trust a ++read until the status byte
returns data ready, else you may get the previous reading. That would happen
even at reduced throughput, depending on gate time. So I send a trigger,
then loop on status byte (with timeout of gate time+), then read. Because
that is necessary, I didn't see any advantage to the WA1 mode.
Gerry