[time-nuts] E-5680A C-field trimer ??

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:27:28 UTC 2008

Reposted with a proper title:

I am only really familiar with the 5650A/5680A with the AD9830A DDS chip that responds to the ASCII "S/E/F" commands.  This manual talks about a 5680A with a different set of commands:

http://tonga.globat.com/~ko4bb.com/Manuals/5)_GPS_Timing/FE5680A_Opt2_TechManRevised.doc

Hopefully it will let you talk to your unit...

Mark, which pot is it ?

Rex and myself bought units that were not programmable.  Both of us have
tweaked the pots and have not seen any change in drift.  I turned pots 1
turn per day and did phase observations, over the course of a week.

They guy that sold these units on ebay claimed they were programmable
but could not produce the information.  Its been noted he has changed
his ebay user name about every 6 months (that might give you an idea
about his operation - he also complained about whiny time-nuts postings
about his operation).