[time-nuts] PTS Meter

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 18:41:06 UTC 2008

In a message dated 28/08/2008 18:12:45 GMT Daylight Time, had at to-way.com
writes:

Just  picked up a PTS-160 that seems to be working fine except for the
front  panel meter. Appears to have either an open coil or a open
connection at a  pivot point. No DC continuity through the meter.

Anybody have a dead  synthesizer that might entertain a deal on the  meter?

------------------
Hi Had

Sorry I can't help with the meter, even if I had one a dead PTS160  would
still be much too nice to break up:-)

I did look in the manual, hoping to find a meter spec for you in case
something else would fit, but it seems to be one of those odd parts that isn't
listed with the PCB components but not with the panel components either.

I'm sure a little experimentation could find something suitable but even
when working the meter isn't very precise so you could probably do just as well
by marking around the level control. That's what's done on most, if not all,
versions of the Wavetek 5120A which is their equivalent of the PTS160.

Did you get a manual with your PTS160?

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR