[time-nuts] Thunderbolt self-survey results...

Jose Manuel jpradoes at telefonica.net
Sat Aug 30 10:30:13 UTC 2008

Hello Mike and Group,

The altitude shown by Th is the WGS84 ellipsoidal altitude, so if you wish
to know your MSL, or ortometric altitude, it´s necessary to take into
account the  undulation or difference between  the geoid and the WGS84
ellipsoid for your location.

You can see a wordwide map for such differences:
http://www.colorado.edu/geography/gcraft/notes/datum/gif/geoid2.gif

Hope this helps......José, EA1PX