[time-nuts] Voltage standards

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:37:56 UTC 2008

On the subject of precision converters,  how about 24-27 bit mass-to-digital converters?  I have a Mettler AT21 balance that resolves a 20 gram weight to 1 microgram.  Also a Mettler mass comparator that does 100 grams to a microgram.  I also did some work on a balance that (theoretically) measured up to a gram with nanogram resolution (30 bit mass/digital conversion).  At that level it gets hard to separate wishful thinking from reality...