[time-nuts] Cesium vs H Maser clocks

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 05:29:41 UTC 2008

Someone asked what a frequency time standard cam calibrate besides a
clock.
Gravity is, or was, measured by throwing a corner cube into the air
(vacuum)
and using a laser interferometer, timing its acceleration as it fell
back.
All of that can be calibrated from a frequency standard, so unlike
volts and things
gravity is one variable that frequency/time  can be used to define.
Although I dont think you will find a frequency/gravity transducer on
fleabay.
cheers, Neville Michie