[time-nuts] Cesium tube ion pumps

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Dec 3 23:47:39 UTC 2008

In message: <120320082327.11382.493715F0000939D600002C76219791299503010CD2079C080C03BF9C9B020A030A9C9A030E0A0C0E at mchsi.com>
            aceamusements at mchsi.com writes:
: Corby,
:
: AT what point would be approp to call symmetricom and complain about defective
: tube?I still have 2 years on the 5 yr warranty left, but how do u explain this
: (defect),,(I assume it will just keep rising and eventually ruin the tube within
: a few yrs?)last I checked they wanted about 28k for a new tube.
:
: the unit with high perf tube has 5 yr warr from date of manuf. and cost 59k new.

You should call them and find what their replacement policy for tubes
is.  They might not define it as defective now, but can tell you when
they will define it as such...

Warner