[time-nuts] SR620 Manual

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 8 18:37:23 UTC 2008

Don @ True-Cal skrev:
> Hi All,
>
> As mentioned in these earlier threads, the Stanford site does not include
> schematics in their online manuals. I have the online version of the manual
> for my SR620 but would love to have the schematics. I am getting ready to
> install the low phase noise SC10 as the high stability reference oscillator
> option and would like to know exactly how the factory install is implemented.
> Does anyone have the schematic of full version manual to share?
> Alternatively, details of the reference oscillator option?

As it happends, I have my original hardcopy lying next to my computer
and my SR620 with Option 01 installed just on top of my computer. I have
a custom Wenzel oscillator in mine. By the looks of things, the SC10
should fit right in. The only issue I see is the monitor signal which
does not seem to be there on the SC10. It should be a few leads to
solder in, move JUMPER 3 over and away you go. You also needs to replace
some resistors in the PLL loop for the locking of the 10 MHz to external
reference. All in all, it should be fairly doable.

Cheers,
Magnus