[time-nuts] repairing an HP 5248M crystal oscillator

Dave Brown tractorb at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 8 19:23:57 UTC 2008

If the oven in the M version of the 5245 and the 5248 is the same then
I have some notes here re pulling it apart etc. I have a 5245M and had
to replace a buffer amp transistor in the oven some years ago.  The
series regulator in the 'always on' power supply failed short and took
it out - like the good little fast three legged fuse that it was.....
 I recommend that over voltage protection be added and a more rugged
regulator pass transistor be fitted to the power supply while you have
it on the bench, just in case. The 5248 supply may have these matters
attended to- not sure.

DaveB, NZ