[time-nuts] "24 hour birth celebration period"

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 15 14:18:49 UTC 2008

How close to you want to be.

I always just use the 365.25 year length, so the "time of birth" rotates by 6 hours earlier each year; except in a leap year or the year after, depending on if your birthday is before or after 28 Feb, when it moves 18 hours the other way (back to actual time).  We did do the calculation for my daughter in the car on a long drive with more precision once.. The 0.0022 day/year does add up after all (about 3 min/year offset... So 10 years IS half an hour, and to a 10 year old, this can be important..)

Maybe what you really want is the same sidereal time?