[time-nuts] OT: Levelled sine wave generator

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:45:21 UTC 2008

I have both the SG503 and SG504.  You can get SG503's for cheap on Ebay.  Also SG504's... if they don't have the leveling head.  The SG504 head uses a custom ceramic hybrid detector (dual diode?) in the head (rough schematic in the SG504 manual available for download on BAMA).  How about settling for a dual module approach?  Use the SG503 and design a detector head for the SG504 (the world will acknowledge you greatness far and wide and buy you tasty cookies).  I have tried to build a leveling head with mixed (OK, piss poor) results but lost my motivation when I stumbled upon a couple of heads that were in a "tool box" plugin in a mainframe that I bought.