[time-nuts] Close-in phase noise question...

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Mon Dec 15 17:19:19 UTC 2008

Hello Brian,

I hope you and yours have the very best of this Holiday Season.

My considerations would be similar to spurious free dynamic range,
keeping all discrete intermodulation products very low, which
would in turn keep the intermodulation noise very low.

When you drive an amp towards and into saturation, to get harmonics
generated,
 the broadband noise floor will be raised with intermodulation noise.

Most of the time this intermodulation noise is not a limiting factor,
until very high harmonic multiples are needed.

Stan, W1LE   FN41sr    Cape Cod